Monday, July 27, 2015

July 13, 2015

Hey dad

I’m glad to hear that you guys had fun at girls camp and the week went well. I wish I could have seen Bishop Hill crack eggs on his head! hahaha And you with flour on your face! 

This week I got changed to a new area with Elder Cruz from Tegucigalpa Honduras! He is such a chill guy and even cooler is that he has more time in the mission being a member than out of the mission. He has 17 months in the mission. Before the mission his mom said he couldn't go on a mission, but he kept pestering him about it until she said, “You can go on a mission after you build me a new house.” (She didn't say it seriously, but my comp held onto those words). After a series of events, he was able to get the materials to build the house and he did!!!! His story is super interesting and inspiring. Also, he taught me how to cut my ties and make them skinny, so yeah, I can do that professionally now ;)

This week was a spiritual emotional roller coaster. We started out with not very many lessons and continued until Sunday with 1-2 lessons everyday on average. One day we didn’t have even one lesson. It was super disappointing because I felt like we were putting in a lot of effort to make our goals, and also had made covenants with the Lord, but nothing was going for us. We made a covenant in the beginning of the week as zone that we were going to find 20 new investigators this week. On Saturday we only had 6... I prayed asking the Lord every day to help us reach the 20 nuevos and by Saturday night I was feeling super let down and kept asking the Lord what the heck we were doing wrong, what we could do better, and told him that Sunday we were going to need 14 nuevos a ton of lessons, and a miracle. 

Sunday after church the zone leaders called and said they had completed all their goals and were going to come over to help us throw some fire. It was such a blessing. By the end of the day we had the rest of our district there helping us too. Elder Cruz (ZL) and I were able to find 6 lessons in 5 hours and 16 nuevos. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord provided for us and completed His end of the covenant. He was definitely testing us until the very end and I’m so glad that we didn't give up haha! At 7:00 Elder cruz and I weren't able to contact and were running around looking for open door houses and people in the street. We found a kid standing at his door and ran over and introduced ourselves. It turns out that he was a member that had moved to the area and had never gone to church in Guajitos. We asked him for references and he brought us to his neighbor. His neighbor didn't have time, so she brought us to her neighbor. Turns out her neighbor was a member that no one new about either! She introduced us to her neighbor and we got a lesson in. Then after that they told us to go visit their other neighbor Claudia. We got a lesson in with her and her 2 kids! Then she introduced us to the other people that lived in her house and it turns out that the father in that family is a member too, but has been inactive for years..... It was a crazy day, full of so many miracles... worst week of my mission, best day of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment