Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016

Thank you mom. I like your analogy of the laws. I think after all is said and done it’s funny that the first and great commandment is to love God with all thy heart and mind and soul.. To truly fulfill all the commandments we need to be consecrated. 

I’ve had a lot to be grateful for these last few months. I feel like the lord is blessing me for my efforts the first 16 months of my mission. I’ve been able to help a lot of my brothers and sisters in this area. I love them all and feel like I would do anything for them. After baptizing them you feel something very special. I imagine it’s similar to what you feel when you have a child. After so much work and struggle you see the happiness of another being and you are full of joy! 

So 3 weeks ago we asked our recent convert Elisabeth to participate in nunca voy solo and to fill out a list of people she thought were ready to hear our message and then pray to ask the Lord who we should visit. She did and brought us to her friends house. The granddaughter Jocelyn started listening and has come with us to church every Sunday. When we showed up the first time and gave the baptismal invitation Jocelyn ran to her room and brought out a book that the evangelical church gave her that said '''preparation for baptism.” She said, ”I want to be baptized and have been working on my own to do it in the church down the street.” After the first Sunday she came with us she went home and told her grandma.. ''Grandma I’m changing churches.''  Then our next visit she said she had read the pamphlet we left and prayed and felt she needed to be baptized! Her date is 24th of September. 

#lovethelord
#obedience.is.happiness
#willing.and.worthy


No comments:

Post a Comment