Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sept 12, 2016


Whooohooohohohohohoh.... I knew that I wasn't going home 3 days after Christmas that would be so dumb. :) Wow, thats like sooo close. Are you still coming down then or should we wait? I love you so much! I don't have time to write much today, but I love you like crazy and miss you. OH, and Flavio Canel got baptized this week! I love the old guy so much. This week I put my arm around him and asked if he was ready to be baptized. He said I'm ready, I feel at peace. I told him that he was about to enter into a big family and that we would all be here to support him through everything, and that he should never feel bad to ask us for help. (We knew before hand he had been passing tons of trials.) He started to cry and said thank you. He told me and my companion that his family and friends had all rejected him when he became a drunk years before. Then he tried to change his life around and go to the evangelical church. He stopped drinking, but his family still wouldn't talk to him because they were Catholics. He said he was so thankful that his cousin, a member of the church, came and visited him and invited him to church. He said he feels loved and accepted and has felt the spirit in the lessons, he knows he is in the place God wants him to be. :) As I entered into the font and and lifted my hand to the square it was so hard to fight back the tears. The spirit I felt was so strong. I could feel the gratefulness that he had for us and it filled me with immense joy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment