Monday, April 13, 2015

Letter 11 - Week 12

Thanks for all the good work back home. I’m so happy to hear how well it’s going. Pretty much now, as far as Spanish and teaching, I’m about set. My Spanish is doing really well and I have been able to teach the lessons fine. This week I did a lot of the leading and started lessons and can pretty much do anything by myself now. 

The work is starting to feel so much easier now that I have trust in my Spanish and the spirit in my teaching. So many times I am surprised by the things that come out of my mouth. Before I always worried what I was going to say and more specifically how I was going to translate it. I could spend forever trying to come up with something that would help the investigators. Now I just listen as best as I can and open my mouth and the spirit does the rest. 

I HAVE FOUND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO MAKE COVENANTS WITH THE LORD. My companion and I were struggling with making our goals. I talked to the President and he said that I should start making more covenants and it has helped so much. We work so hard all day and walk non stop, and just at the last minute everyday we make our goals. It’s like the Lord is testing our will to work hard the whole day and persevere before giving us the prize. 

I’ve also realized how perfect the Lord is and how he doesn't have a shortage of people that are ready for our message. He also knows how hard we are working and the ones that are working the hardest are the ones he is going to trust to teach these precious souls.

Another important thing I have learned is that we can have faith in the Lord, but that doesn't mean whatever we ask for in faith he is going to give us. If God were to take away our challenges simply because we asked he would in turn deny us of experiences necessary for our eternal salvation, experiences that are going to help us learn and grow. 

TO HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD IS TO HAVE FAITH IN HIS WORK AND THE THINGS THAT ARE OF HIM. If we truly have faith in him we ask in prayer for things that are inline with him. Many times people become selfish and ask for things that aren't  inline with his work and say they should receive because they have faith. That isn't faith..

This week has been so hard physically wise on my comp and I. Our cook has been out of town and we have had to walk soooooo far and long. It’s not horrible, but by the end of the day we pass out on the bed with blisters on our feet... I’ve never had blisters on my feet, not even when I did the 50 miler and I thought that was hard... that wasn't even hard... 

Oh make sure to tell Teresa thanks for every single one of her gifts hehe.. every one...

I love and miss you guys so much.

Love,

Elder Dabel


No comments:

Post a Comment