Monday, April 6, 2015

Letter 10 - Week 11

Hey dad, that is so awesome to hear about your job!  What a blessing I pray that you will enjoy it. Also that is so awesome to hear about Ana and Marisa!!! That makes me so happy =) 

My Easter was soooo awesome... well kinda. This week has been so slow because it is Semana Santa and the Catolicos celebrate all week and no one goes to work and every one goes to the beach.... so contacting has been absolutely useless. This week I have heard more fire crackers than I have ever in my whole life.... the people hear light em off for honor of Jesus and Mary... at 430 in the morning every freaking day.... and then all day whenever the feel like it... and not just one role... like 10 roles of fire crackers...

Anyways, besides the crazies the work has been pretty awesome because I’ve been able to get a lot of lessons in. It makes me happy to know that we have three or four investigators that are progressing that are my contacts. It’s hard because my companion teaches most of the lessons and I always bare my testimony , teach 1 or 2 points, and then always ask the commitments. he does most of the talking and sometimes it makes me feel a little down because I have so much I would like to share also but don't always have the words. 

Conference was awesome. I loved how much was said about families. It gets me excited for the time when I can have an eternal family, definitely something I don't want to rush, but I’m excited. There was also a lot about the atonement and faith. I like how it was said, (cant recall who exactly said it), but it is by the Lords grace that we are saved. In the end we are all sinners and we can’t trade our good deeds for the bad ones. It makes me think back to what mom said about how it’s basically those who have the desire to make it that are, because they are going to be doing the best with the knowledge they have. No matter what, they are still going to make mistakes though. 

Also, the talk about how we shouldn't give up on the gospel and doubt our testimony when we find something we don't understand. The story was given about the girl in the plane crash that saw the light and hiked her way to it with hope even though sometimes it went out of view. She pressed forward with the knowledge she had until she could see it again. I really loved this... also the talk about the medicine man in the hospital that said I can teach you how to dance but you have to hear the music. This parable or relation to the gospel life was awesome. We can’t follow the Savior and do the things we’re suppose to, or at least wont want to, unless we can feel the spirit, or the music. We don’t want to dance unless we have the music, otherwise its awkward and undesirable..


I gotta go, I love you guys. Oh, and this week my life improved by 100 times.. I found a water heater head at the black market and installed that bad boy.  Thanks so much for the pb and j and pancakes and nutella.....best Easter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment