Sunday, June 7, 2015

Letter 17 - Week 18

June 1, 2015 (sorry, I’m posting it late)

Thanks Momma! 

I have really been learning the importance of faith and obedience these last few months. Also, humility I have learned is a really important. I feel like I have to stay super humble to receive the Lords help. Anytime I receive his help I can’t think highly of what I was able to accomplish, because it wasn't me, it was just the Lord working through me. 

There has been a few times were everything is going awesome, were getting things done and seeing great results, and then I start to forget the lord in small places of the work. I start to get a little proud and stop asking for the help and giving the praise back. Every time I have to re-humiliate myself haha. 

I love the scripture either 12:27 “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

SO, This week has been fun. I received my new comp, Elder Magdelano from Mexico. He is an awesome comp and likes to work hard and have fun! Sometimes he doesn't always think things all the way through which is a little frustrating ha, but I love his enthusiasm. I don't know how many lessons he has stacked on top of each other this week, but it’s a handful. 

I have asked him a few times how he thought we were going to be in two places at one time, or in one end of our area at 4:30, have a lesson, and then be at the other end at 5:00; a 30 minute walk LOL
 -___-. haha, He's a goober haha. But, the best thing about him is his ability to connect with everyone. We have been able to make all of our goals and exceed them by a few this first week together which has been exciting. 

Don’t worry there are plenty of things that bug me about my comp, but there are way more things that I love! and don't worry to much about the girls they are smart and spiritual! but they are still young woman ;) what a cuwinkydink that those boys move in right after i leave. hmmm.. you can tell them i’ll be back in a year and a half and a few ;)

Thanks dad! 

And happy birthday! I hope it’s a good one:) I wish I could be at the property with you guys, but I have plenty more opportunities in the future:) I talked a little about changes and my new comp in my letter to mom. In all honesty it was really hard to leave my dad here in the mission. I never really realized how much I depended on him, and now it’s all up to me to get things done while my comp is getting to know everyone and the area. He only has 4 months like me, so it has put a little bit of stress on us, but were still getting tons done :)


No comments:

Post a Comment