Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter 14 - Week 15

Hey Mama, 

So I uploaded a few things to the drop-box that you’re free to use. I’ll try to keep putting new things on as I take more. Thanks for having everyone there yesterday. I wouldn't have wanted to ask because it was your day, but it meant so much to me:))) 

I miss you guys so much, but it’s crazy how fast this journey is going. It’s starting to pick up faster and faster now that I’m not stressed about being able to speak. Oh and I forgot to tell dad, but if he could find spanish songs and talks also that would be awesome. 

I forgot to tell you ABOUT MY BUS EXPERIENCE YESTERDAY  haha. So the other day we were flying down the road and our bus engine blew up. It stopped super fast and we all flew forward. There was a women in front of me with a baby, and she flew all the way to the front of the bus in the air because she couldn't grab anything. She just held onto her little baby as tight as she could as her little body flew up to the front. She didn't die, but I could see how it didn't even matter to her, she was just worried about her lil baby. 

That was really touching and it reminded me of how important our mommas are and how much love you guys have for us. I just wanted to let you know how important you are to me, and how much I am grateful for the support you have given me to be out here. I give thanks to all our moms, Donavon's, Gav’s, Rick’s, and soon to be Moroni’s. You guys are so important to us. 

My friend that came to the MTC with me is a convert and doesn't have the support of his father who is Catholic. I am pretty sure by the end of his mission he will have more time being a missionary than being a member. He had a really hard time in the MTC and is still because he doesn't have the support from back home. He told me how lucky I was to have two parents that love me and support me. It made me feel a lot more grateful for what I have. I hope you had an awesome Mother’s Day yesterday. I love you so much!

Thanks Dad. I love your messages and even though I don't have a lot of time to respond I do read them and ponder your words through out the week :) I just keep remembering we are in good company when we have challenges in this life. I think about Joseph Smith, Job, Alma, Nephi, and ect... The Lord gave them what he knew they could handle. It’s hard to hunker down and just take it, but the Lord promises us that when we do our best, blessings will be double fold. I love you! Keep on being awesome dad :)

I have a big testimony about putting in our part. It’s the days that I try to study the language, read my Book of Mormon out loud and do all the little things I am told to do that I receive all the help from the Lord. A lot of times I don't feel like I learn anything or my little studies didn't do anything, but I can feel the Lord taking care of the rest just because I put in my part and did the best I could. The gift of tongues is so real, maybe not what a lot of people think, but it is real. A lot of my Spanish I have never even studied or learned. I just know it because I’ve heard it before and the Lord throws it all into my head when I need it. It’s a really different experience. 

I love you guys! Give my cousins some hugs too please, and maybe a punch or two in the balls for each of my uncles! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment