Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wed, Feb 11, 2015  3rd letter

Whoa, okay, well the last week has been 10 times easier than the first two.. I am finally adjusting to missionary life, and I don't know why, but I love it... My companion was called as district leader recently and it has put a lot more work on him and in turn both of us because we are one. My companion has been such a blessing to me and a strength here. Every one eles in our district has 3 or four years of spanish, but we are the only ones that took less than a year. We work hard and the language is coming and coming, but every time you think you’re getting to the top, you see that it was just a false peak and you have so much more to work on. 

Everyday I work on memorizing, memorizing and memorizing. So far I have down the mission objective, the first vision, full invitation to baptism, and all of D&C 4. By the end of the week I will have D&C 20:37 and all the points in Preach My Gospel on page 177.  I would like you guys to just attempt it in Spanish haha!!! The Lord has been blessing us so much it is crazy. We teach investigators every day and, even though they are fake, we can still feel the spirit guiding us. 

I don't want to be to proud or boastful, but my teacher gave my companion and I a special good job for our last lesson. We where suppose to be teaching an investigator that wouldn't budge at all in his faith as a Catholic and it was suppose to be 3 lessons deep before we could brake him. He said that we did such a good job the second lesson that he couldn’t say no to our commitments of reading the Book of Mormon and praying, and if he got an answer, which we told him we knew he would, then he would be baptized and come to church. It was an amazing experience.

This week we got to go to the Guatemala Relief Map and go to the market. The Relief Map was sweet, you guys should read the history about it and how long it took to make. It is 99 percent correct according to google maps. It's crazy how many volcanoes there are here! One blew this week and the sky has been covered in ash. It was Mount Fuego, or Mount Fire, if you want to look it up.

At the market it was really cool to go talk to people. My companion and I talked to a few random people about the gospel. It was crazy how much we could communicate, there really wasn't anything we wanted to say that we couldn't in Spanish, although, I’m not sure it was grammatically correct. It really opened my eyes up to what my mission is going to be like and I’m crazy excited. I handed out a Book of Mormon to one guy and gave cards about the church to 3 other people. The last guy my companion and I talked to was really interested in the church and we were able to get his info so we can get it to the missionaries in the area.

I want to say I am truly sorry to everyone that emails me and doesn't get a huge response, if any, back. I have so much to say, but they don't give me enough time. I’m working on writing hand written letters to everyone a day at a time. If you guys could all send me your addresses that’d be dope.

Some quotes that I have enjoyed and held with me are these:

“Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.”

And, “Discouragement is just a tool of the adversary.”

I love all of you and miss you, so please keep writing me!! It’s easier to respond to hand written letters, so if you want a better response it might have to be that way! hahah

Love,


Elder Dabel

No comments:

Post a Comment